Sometimes I go into my kitchen with a plan and sometimes I just open my fridge, grab a few ingredients and hope for the best. Trust me, this doesn’t always go well. I always say to my husband, “be honest.. if this is gross you need to tell me or you will have to eat it again and again.” If he says it is gross I get a little offended and then I eventualy move on.. he can’t win.
GOOD NEWS! This chicken was AMAZING. I only wish I had cooked more. I wanted something savory but I was craving a little sweetness as well. Cue honey garlic chicken recipe…
- *For the chicken*
- 1.5 lb chicken breast cut into small chunks
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP coconut flour
- 2 TBSP sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- *For the Veggies*
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas (in shell)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat and add in your cut chicken breast.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), honey, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, heat olive oil and add your fresh veggies. Turn to low-medium heat and cover with lid. Stir every 5 minutes and return lid. Cook until tender.
- Cook chicken until it is white throughout. Turn heat to low-medium and stir in the marinade. Cook for 3-5 minutes and then stir in your coconut flour and sesame seeds.
- Serve chicken with the fresh vegetables, pour the extra coconut aminos or soy sauce over the vegetables and enjoy!
- Looking to add extra carbs? Serve over brown or white rice.
*This recipe is PALEO friendly but it is not Whole 30 approved due to the honey.