If you follow my food posts at all, you know that I am ALL about low- carb eating. It is what works best for my body type. It’s not for everyone but if you have been struggling with weight- loss, it may be a great option. That being said, it is not necessary to eat a ketogenic diet (meaning about 30 or less carbs per day) but you can experiment and see what works best for you. I eat about 25 carbs per meal.. sometimes I do not eat all of those and some days I may go over a few. I do not obsess over it, at all.
Omelets are my go- to when I want a carb- free meal. You can literally add anything you want. Bacon, sausage, ham, cheese, veggies, greens, fridge leftovers- you name it, it can go in the omelet. This omelet is full of healthy fats and free of carbs. Just the way I like it 😉
- ½ Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach, Chopped
- ¼ Avocado (sliced)
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric (optional)
- ¼ Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- In a medium bowl: whisk your eggs, salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a 6-8 inch skillet.
- Once oil is melted, pour egg mixture into skillet and stir constantly with a rubber spatula, moving the eggs around the pan until they form small curds, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently shake the pan and use the spatula to spread the egg mixture evenly across the pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped spinach, feta, avocado, and any other veggie or meat you desire on top of the egg mixture.
- Remove the pan from heat. Using the spatula, fold the omelet in half.
- Garnish with fresh vegetables or your favorite herbs.