Who doesn’t love Taco Tuesday? I know that I look forward to it every week. Not only is it a family favorite, but it takes 30 minutes tops from start to finish. Also, you can make extra because it is great re-heated. 30 minutes to cook dinner for your family AND lunch for the next day?! YES!
You will notice that I did not use a “homemade” taco seasoning for this recipe. That is for a later date. This meal is meant to be quick and simple. When you are picking up a taco seasoning packet at the store, make sure to read the label! 95% of them have corn flour, wheat, crazy preservatives and much more. I use McCormick’s Organic Taco Seasoning Packet. It is Organic, Gluten Free, Non- GMO, and it taste delicious!
The recipe below is SUPER low carb, but if you want to add some carbs to the meal.. try brown rice or even black beans.
- 1 Pound Grass- Fed Beef
- ½ Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 Packet McCormick Organic Taco Seasoning
- ¾ Cup Water
- 2 Bell Peppers (sliced)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 3 Cups Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Place the grassfed beef on a skillet- medium to high heat.
- Add Yellow onion.
- Cook until beef is brown throughout.
- Add your seasoning packet and water, stirring until well mixed.
- Prepare your bowl with lettuce on the bottom, add beef, place your fresh veggies and avocado on top. If you are adding cheese, place it on top of the meat.
- Top with Salsa and garnish with cilantro.
Jicama Shavings, Cheese, Jalepenos, Rice, Cauliflower Rice, The list is endless..