How was your weekend? Mine was spent recovering from a week long cruise- which was PERFECT! We traveled to Belize, Honduras, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. Belize was super fun because we got to play with monkeys but Honduras was breathtakingly beautiful. They were all my favorite.
We ate SO much food. Like, so much that I kind of can’t stand the sight of food right now. There were many healthy options on the ship and it all tasted great. Rotisserie chicken, steamed veggies, omelets, and mint mojitos (with no added sweetener) were amongst the things that I consumed everyday. There may have been some flourless chocolate cake thrown in a few times too.. I would definitely recommend the Norwegian Escape if you are planning a cruise in the near future.
I don’t cook many pork dishes but this spiced pork chop dish is a staple in our meal cycles. From start to finish, it takes about 15 minutes. Easy enough, right?
- ¾ - 1 lb Boneless center cut pork chops
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- ¼ cup Packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp Cayenne powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- In a shallow dish, mix together brown sugar, cayenne powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Massage seasoning mix into each pork chop making sure it is completely coated and place in skillet.
- Brown both sides of pork chops- about 4 mins on each side.
- Turn heat to lowest setting and let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot over cauliflower rice, brown rice, or steamed veggies.
- Pour extra sauce that remains in pan over your meal and enjoy!