I am currently sitting in the dark, and it’s really quiet…and I like it.
We are leaving for a LONG vacation tomorrow and the packing game has been going strong all day. Vacations are way more fun as a kid when you don’t have to worry about packing and working out all of the little details. Its going to be a blast though! I can’t wait to share my fun meals from the places we are going!
This meal was pretty great. My toddler thought the sweet potato noodles were pretty cool and even wore one as a necklace while I finished cooking. The brussel sprouts were cooked to the perfect crispiness- you know what I mean.. when they are crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. GOOD STUFF. I enjoy mixing sweet and spicy when it comes to meat. It’s always a great surprise when you are expecting something savory such as beef stir fry but you taste the slightest hint of sweetness. For the HEAT, I use Chipotle Powder. You can purchase this at any Whole Foods, Sprouts, and most health food stores. I have a hard time finding it at local grocery stores though.
Check out this recipe and watch my instagram feed this next week to see how I keep it healthy on vacation!!
- 1 lb Flank steak (cut into strips)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Chipotle powder
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Coconut Aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 cups Brussel Sprouts (cut into halves)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP All purpose seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Large Sweet potato (cut into noodles using spiralizer)
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat brussel sprouts in olive oil and season with all purpose seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place in oven. Cook 15- 20 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cook until they are browning on edges.
- Place your sweet potato noodles in a large bowl and massage with the olive oil, salt, and pepper until coated completely. Spread onto a pan and place in oven. Stir every 10 minutes, noodles will be tender when they are ready to remove from oven. Some of the edges may brown- that is ok!
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, chipotle powder, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, and your coconut aminos (or soy sauce). Set aside.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a medium sized skillet. Add your steak.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side, stir occasionally.
- Add your marinade and stir until meat is coated. Cook steak to desired doneness. For the best flavor, try not to overcook the steak!
- Enjoy 😉